Your smile says a lot about you. Not only does it make a stunning first impression, but it also provides you with health benefits such as stress relief and a strong immune system.
Many individuals are unhappy with the appearance of their smiles due to cracked, chipped, or stained teeth, which cause them to hide their smiles instead of sharing them with the world. Luckily, many options are available to help you improve your smiles, such as dentures and dental veneers in St. Albert. In this blog post, our team at Dentus Family Dental tells you the difference between dentures and dental veneers and helps you decide which is best for you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers near you are small, thin pieces of ceramic or porcelain placed over the front surfaces of chipped, stained, or cracked teeth to hide these imperfections and enhance the appearance of your smile.
Dental veneers do not replace existing teeth but are laid over the top of existing teeth to improve their appearance and provide them with extra strength. Here are some of the biggest benefits that dental veneers have to offer:
● Veneers provide patients with a natural-looking smile because their porcelain material mimics the translucency of natural tooth enamel. Additionally, veneers are custom-designed to match the size and colour of your natural teeth. No one except you and our dentist will know you have them.
● Veneers are easy to care for, and once they are placed, they require no special care past brushing and flossing each day and visiting our dentist in St. Albert at least once every six months for a professional dental cleaning and checkup.
● Dental veneers are extremely durable and stain-resistant, meaning you can eat or drink anything you want once you have them without worrying about staining or damaging them.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are another way to enhance the appearance of your smile, but unlike dental veneers, dentures work to replace missing teeth in your mouth rather than enhance your existing teeth. There are multiple kinds of dentures, the main two being complete and partial. Complete dentures work to replace an entire lower or upper arch of missing teeth, whereas partial dentures replace some missing teeth throughout your smile.
Here are some benefits of getting dentures from our dental office in St. Albert:
● Dentures also provide patients with a natural look. They are hand-crafted to look like your natural teeth if you are getting partial dentures, and if you are getting complete dentures, they are designed to fit your jaw and facial structure perfectly.
● Dentures last for many years, and with the right care, patients can benefit from dentures for up to 20 years.
● Dentures allow patients to eat, speak, and smile with ease.
Dentures vs. Dental Veneers- Which is Best for You?
When it comes to whether you can benefit from dentures or dental veneers, the main question should be whether you are looking to enhance your existing teeth or replace your missing teeth. Our dentist near you can help you determine your smile goals and advise you on the best cosmetic dentistry treatment.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team at Dentus Family Dental for a comprehensive oral examination today.