Your smile says a lot about you. Not only does it make a stunning first impression, but it also provides you with health benefits such as stress relief and a strong immune system.
Many individuals are unhappy with the appearance of their smiles due to cracked, chipped, or stained teeth, which cause them to hide their smiles instead of sharing them with the world. Luckily, there are many options available to help you improve your smile, such as dentures and dental veneers in St. Albert. In this blog post, our team at Dentus Family Dental tells you the difference between dentures and dental veneers and helps you decide which is best for you.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers near you are small, thin pieces of ceramic or porcelain that are placed over the front surfaces of chipped, stained, or cracked teeth to hide these imperfections and enhance the appearance of your smile.
Dental veneers do not replace existing teeth but are laid over the top of existing teeth to improve their appearance and provide them with extra strength. Here are some of the biggest benefits that dental veneers have to offer:
● Veneers provide patients with a very natural-looking smile because their porcelain material mimics the translucency of natural tooth enamel. Additionally, veneers are custom-designed to match the size and color of your natural teeth. No one except you and your dentist will know you have them.
● Veneers are easy to care for, and once they are placed, they require no special care past brushing and flossing each day and visiting a dentist in St. Albert at least once every six months for a professional dental cleaning and checkup.
● Dental veneers are extremely durable and stain-resistant, meaning that you can eat or drink pretty much anything you want once you have them without worrying about staining or damaging them.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are another way to enhance the appearance of your smile, but unlike dental veneers, dentures work to replace missing teeth in your mouth rather than enhance your existing teeth. There are multiple kinds of dentures, the main two being complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures work to replace an entire lower or upper arch of missing teeth, whereas partial dentures replace some missing teeth throughout your smile.
Here are some benefits of getting dentures from our dental clinic in St Albert:
● Dentures also provide patients with a natural look. They are hand-crafted to look like your natural teeth if you are getting partial dentures, and if you are getting complete dentures, they are designed to perfectly fit your jaw and facial structure.
● Dentures last for many years, and with the right care, patients can benefit from dentures for up to 20 years.
● Dentures allow patients to eat, speak, and smile with ease.
Dentures vs. Dental Veneers- Which is Best for You?
When it comes to whether you can benefit from dentures or dental veneers, the main question should be whether you are looking to enhance your existing teeth or replace your missing teeth. Our dentist near you can help you determine your smile goals and provide you with advice on the best cosmetic dentistry treatment for you.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team at Dentus Family Dental for a comprehensive oral examination today.