Having an aligned smile is very important, not only for aesthetic concerns but also to avoid crowding, which predisposes you to decay and cavities. By getting Invisalign in St. Albert, you will be able to have the smile you always wanted and improve your oral health in the process. But what are the benefits of Invisalign over traditional braces? Here, we explain five of the many pros of getting Invisalign.
- Oral Health: As we just mentioned, getting your teeth aligned is very important for your oral health. However, one of the things that makes Invisalign a great option is that they’re safer than braces, especially if you’re involved in certain activities.
If you practice any sports in which there might be contact, you might get hurt if you’re wearing braces. The protruding pieces of metal could cause you to suffer a serious injury upon contact, which will land you in a dental clinic in St. Albert with an emergency. With Invisalign, this kind of injury is considerably less likely to occur.
- Smooth Smile: You won’t have to feel embarrassed whenever you smile for the duration of the treatment. As the name suggests, Invisalign trays are practically invisible! This is especially important to adults who associate braces with teenage years. You don’t have to worry about that. Once you decide to get your smile fixed, you should go to the dentist near you and let them know that you’re interested in Invisalign.
You also won’t have to worry about feeling uncomfortable or inadequate in the middle of a presentation, business meeting or social interaction. Invisalign allows you to feel confident at all times. You won’t have to cover your mouth when you laugh because you’ll feel free and confident to do so with your invisible trays.
- Practicality: Invisalign trays are easy to clean, and they don’t require much maintenance. While brushing and flossing are a long process when you’re wearing braces, things are much simpler with Invisalign. You should continue brushing and flossing properly, as your dentist in St. Albert might remind you, but you won’t have any physical barriers that prevent you from doing so, unlike braces.
You only need to wash the trays and brush them softly to avoid any build-up of food residue and bacteria that might take place.
- Eat Freely: It’s well known that braces are very susceptible to breaking if you eat hard things. Also, you can find yourself in a sticky situation if you eat something chewy that might get stuck on the metal piece. This is one of the occurrences patients complain the most about when they’re wearing braces. However, this is not a problem when using Invisalign.
Although you should wear your trays for around 22 hours a day after you get Invisalign near you, you can take them off to eat. Therefore, you’re not risking any damage happening to them and you can feel free to eat whatever you want regardless of the texture of the item. Remember to brush and floss your teeth after each meal before putting your trays back on.
- Time: Check-ups with the dentist while you’re wearing Invisalign take place less often than when you’re wearing braces. This allows you to save time and money, as you won’t have a recurrent appointment every other week or once a month. Usually, you only need a check-up every six weeks when you’re wearing Invisalign.
Something else to consider timewise is that you will be able to see results quicker. If you are consistent and wear the trays as you should, then your overall treatment will be shorter than with traditional braces.